Whether your refer to them as a tavern, pub, saloon or just bar, many establishments on Pine Island serve as meeting places for those looking to beat the summer heat and relishing a cold glass of red wine or an un-sweetened ice tea while enjoying the company of friends and neighbors. Working hard to ensure the comfort of these customers are the local bartenders. This week get to know Heather Marie Woodstock, also known as Woody, from Bert's Bar and Grill in Matlacha.
Woody is a native Floridian, but was raised in Missouri. After having moved back to the area, Woody and her husband, Brian, along with their four daughters, Shelby, 15, Juliet, 13, Alexzandra, 11 and Maryjane, 6, purchased a home in northwest Cape Coral and began working at Bert's.
"I love people, particularly the locals," said Woodstock. "Everybody has been so good to me and hopefully they think I have been good to them."
Meet Woody Woodstock, the night bartender at Bert’s Bar and Grill in Matlacha.
The following are the answers Woody provided when asked to complete a questionaire provided by the Eagle staff:
1. Astrological sign: Cancer
2. Birth place: Niceville, Fla.
3. How long have you been working here: 4 years
4. Vanilla or chocolate: Chocolate
5. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up: Botanist
6. What's your drink of choice: Beer
7. Do you have a collection or hobby: Photography
8. Who would you want to play the role of you in a movie: Drew Barrymore
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Still working at Bert's
10. Who was your celebrity crush in high school: Kirk Cameron
11. What is your absolute biggest pet peeve: Mean people
12. What's your favorite pastime: Walking
13. Which cartoon character do you most relate to: Yosemite Sam
14. If you were a wild animal, what would you be: Dolphin
15. If you were on a deserted island what one thing would you want with you: A magic genie
16. Who has been the biggest influence in your life: My grandparents
17. What is your favorite sport to watch: College football
18. What is your favorite TV show: "Law and Order SVU"
19. Do you have any pets: No
20. Describe yourself in one word: Independent
Woody works the bar area at Bert's Monday through Friday from 5 to 11 p.m. Bert's Bar and Grill is located on Pine Island Road in Matlacha and is open each day from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. serving lunch and dinner. Bert's also offers live entertainment Tuesday through Sunday each week. For more information, call Bert's at 282-3232 or visit bertsbar.com