Many of the men and women pouring drafts and mixing up a variety of adult beverages are recipients of all of the gossip and life stories their patrons have to offer. But, how well do we know these folks who are there to greet us with a smile and let us bend their ear.
Recently, each of the island bartenders were presented with a set of questions in an effort for us have a peek at who these people are when they are not behind the bar.
Meet Jona Cozad, also known to some as "Missy," is a full-time bartender at Woody's Waterside Restaurant in St. James City. She is the mother of three children, Geno, Tiara and Daniell, and said she enjoys working at Woody's Waterside during the day shift.
Meet Jona Cozad, the full-time bartender at Woody’s Waterside in St. James City.
"I really like hearing all of the stories, especially from the 'happy hour crew,' and I like coming to work even when things get a little crazy," said Cozad.
She is a long-time resident of Pine Island and some may remember her from the days when she worked at the Lob Lolly in Matlacha.
Cozad's questionaire follows:
1. Astrological sign: Leo
2. Birth place: Ohio
3. How long have you been working here: A little over a year
4. Vanilla or chocolate: Chocolate
5. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up: I haven't grown up yet, I'll let you know when I do.
6. What's your drink of choice: Martinis
7. Do you have a collection or hobby: Finding unique furniture or clothing and photography.
8. Who would you want to play the role of you in a movie: Julia Roberts
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years: As vice president of the United States or the V.P. of Woody's.
10. Who was your celebrity crush on in high school: "Little Joe" from "Bonanza."
11. What is your absolute biggest pet peeve: Lousy tippers.
12. What's your favorite pastime: Going to the beach and hanging out with friends and family.
13. Which cartoon character do you most relate to: Tinker Bell because she has a wand.
14. If you were a wild animal, what would you be: Dolphin
15. If you were on a deserted island what one thing would you want with you: A yacht with Brad Pitt as the captain.
16. Who has been the biggest influence in your life: My mom, God and Heidi Grusser my church pastor.
17. What is your favorite sport to watch: Baseball
18. What is your favorite TV show: "CSI - Miami"
19. Do you have any pets: Yes, fishy, fishy, fishy.
20. Describe yourself in one word:
Woody's Waterside, 283-5555, is located at 3051 Stringfellow Road, St. James City, and is open seven days a week from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. For more information, visit woodyswaterside.com