| || |
Norm's Pine Island Winners
May 29, 2014 - Norman Bentley
I have enjoyed reading the results of "Pine Islands Best" in the Eagle as I do every year. Since my main interest is in food and wine, I thought that I would give a quick report on the places where the "Chardonnay Queen" and I have had enjoyable fare during our stay in Matlacha this May. I call it "Norm's Pine Island Winners".
1. Lazy Flamingo - Great Oysters on the Half Shell
2. Red's - Terrific Steamed Pine Island Clams
3. Sandy Hook - Excellent Fried Shrimp
4. Saltwater Smokehouse - Tasty Pub House Fish Sandwich
5. Island Grill - Perfect Trio Summer Salad
6. Tarpon Lodge - "Out of this World" Shrimp and Crab Fettuccine
7. Coldest Beer - Lazy Flamingo
8. Best Bottle of Wine - a tie between Chateau Ste. Michelle Horse Heaven Sauvignon Blanc at Red's ,and the Sterling Napa County Sauvignon Blanc at the Tarpon Lodge.
If you haven't found good food and drink in Southwest Florida, then you have not tried the right places. Just stay on the Island and live it up!
Look for Norm's Tasting Noteson Twitter
Available online at:
Also AOL"The Patch" at:
Dunwoody, Buckhead, Sandy Springs,& others: dunwoody.patch.com/ ?
WINE – God’s Proof of his love for humanity
No comments posted for this article.
Post a Comment