Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Home RSS

2011 Santa Cristina Toscana

December 13, 2013 - Norman Bentley

The House of Antinori has been making wine in Italy since 1385, and produces some of the best, and most expensive wines from the country known for its history, and its wine. Some years back, Antinori introduced its Santa Cristina label which showcased wines in the value priced category. The ones which I have sampled in the past have been leaders in their segment of the wine industry.

I looked forward to tasting the 2011 Santa Cristina Toscana, and was not disappointed. Like most Toscana, the Santa Cristina is a blend of Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Merlot, with the Sangiovese making up 60% of the mix, and the other two grapes being 40% each. The alcohol content is 13%.

The wine is dark red in color with a nose full of dark berries and cherries. The flavor is both subtle and complex, with generous samplings of black cherries, blackberry, and a slight hint of strawberry. The finish is mellow and smooth, with a modest amount of soft tannin toward the end.

This is a great choice for weekday pasta, or weekend grilled steaks. This is also a wonderful wintertime "back porch sipper", or a good companion for the hot tub, and some late night music. Santa Cristina Toscana is a winner in the value price range! Norm's score is 88.

Score: 88

Price: $8-$12


Norm’s Tasting Notes can also be accessed at his blog:

Norm’s Tasting Notes available online at either:

Also on "The Patch" at Dunwoody, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, and others:

WINE – God’s Proof of his love for humanity


Article Comments

No comments posted for this article.

Post a Comment

You must first login before you can comment.

*Your email address:
Remember my email address.


I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web